19 March 2020 - 9:28 am,
, Comments off
Friends, we are living in unprecedented times as we work locally, nationally, and globally to combat the COVID-19 situation. At ACW, the health and safety of our employees, their families, our communities, and our customers is #1. As a critical part of the national supply chain bringing life-saving medical products, foodstuffs, and other products to families and hospitals across the country, we will work tirelessly to produce these vital, highly technical products to support the ongoing recovery of our nation and economy.
ACW has established a group level COVID-19 leadership group, as well as local task forces which are operating ‘on the ground’ to quickly adapt and manage this rapidly evolving situation.
All ACW production locations are FSSC-22000 certified (an industry leading food safety certification with robust underlying processes).
To date, the ACW Task Force has implemented the following protocols and taken the following actions:
- All employees, both production and non-production personnel, are required to increase the frequency and duration of handwashing.
- Specific leads are assigned to every area in our physical buildings to review and enforce sanitation levels that go beyond our previously established cleaning and food safety procedures.
- All non-essential travel has ceased.
- ACW location visits are limited to customers, suppliers, and third parties. Entry to production halls is strictly forbidden unless critical to our continued manufacturing.
- Employees not directly tied to the manufacturing process who can effectively and impactfully work from home will have the option to do so.
- We continuously review and analyze our supply chain and are working closely with our supplier partners. To date, no issues have been identified and we have no reason to anticipate any issues.
- At this time, capacity across all ACW facilities remains unaffected and fully staffed by our dedicated teammates.
- ACW will continue to leverage our broad operational footprint, extensive capacity, safety processes, and staff to fulfill all incoming orders in a timely and efficient fashion. The medical and food products that our packaging protects are vital to the stability and recovery of our nation.